Sunday, September 10, 2017

Building a House - September Updates

I haven't updated you all on the house recently! Things are moving along.

First, I'm sharing my favorite room in the house, a little powder room!

We used an antique French cabinet and turned it into this vanity. I love the mixing of the formal chinoiserie wallpaper with the chippy cabinet and brick floors.


We have been excited because our countertops were installed!

We went with honed marble. We are doing brick in what I call the "splash zones" of the kitchen - right in front of the range and the sink will be brick, as below. 

 Our backsplash behind the range was installed too! I love it!

 Here is a closer look at it... a little mosaic wave of marble.

Here it is finished.  The rest of the backsplash to the right and left of the stove will be marble subway.
We have decided to go with polished nickel for the hardware in the kitchen.

I'm really excited about the range and the mantle above it!  I have visions of garland like Kris Jenner's, below:

Here is a tile for another bathroom... it was called French encaustic tile.  I think it is fun. It still has to be grouted here.  It is really the only "trendy" thing I did in the house. 

And below is my master bath vanity! I love it!!!  The color is so nice - it is Sherwin Williams' Sea Salt.  I wanted the bathroom to feel like a spa. It's weird because in this picture it looks grayer than it is and the walls look yellower than they are.

And here is the laundry room!  I love the little square farmhouse sink!  

 The counters have since been installed and the brick floor grouted.

The front door... 

 And the sitting room...

Let's see, they have installed the see-through fireplace! 

Here is the other side...

Front door hardware...

And last, the fountain was installed!!

I think we are still about 4-6 weeks away until move in.  
I can't wait to move in!!  

We would have been with the project a little while ago but it seems all of the contractors are stretched thin and come and do half a day or a day of work and then leave to other jobs. Plus we had a month of rain delays in the Winter. 

Meanwhile, I'm over here daydreaming about what outdoor Christmas decorations I'm going to have!

8 comments:

  1. I love everything. We had reed snd ribbon door hardware at our big house. Now I want to repkace my small house contractor hardware with it. 😊 You are trmpting me!!!! So sorry to pull out of home tour. Boohoo. Daughter comes first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelina, this is going to be the prettiest French country house ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelina,
    Christmas in your new house! How exciting. I remember reading earlier that city codes would not allow you to use pea gravel for your drive. :( But, I think pea gravel around your fountain would be wonderful. I love seeing all your details, dreaming about building a French style house.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we intend to do some pea gravel around the fountain and then put 4 French planters with citrus trees... making my own little l'orangerie!

      Delete
  4. First of all, that powder bathroom is absolutely stunning! I love the gorgeous wallpaper and vanity....so pretty. I adore the brick floors. We are thinking of having brick floors installed in our kitchen and utility room. I can't wait to see more of your beautiful house. I know you must be so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! We are so excited. It's really hard to contain my excitement and also to restrict myself from buying antique furniture right now while we wait to move as there is literally no more room in storage!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Sometimes it takes a few days for me to reply, but I truly love every single comment and read them all! It is the only way I know who has visited the blog!