Sunday, February 12, 2017

French Farmhouse Building Updates.... This and That

Well we've been busy with building our French Farmhouse aka our Mas. Mas de ..... I need to come up with a name.  Sometimes I think about calling it a Maison but it really is supposed to be like a Proven├žal Mas.  Or a Bastide, I suppose would be the next closest name. 
Anyway, some day I will name it. 

Alright, so I got side tracked. Here are a few updates on what I've been looking at for the house.

Fireplace Mantel
I found this pretty antique fireplace mantel yesterday and I'm going to put it in our dining room.
It is Austrian from the 1800s.  I don't know too much about it.


 I love the lions on it! 

I was pretty excited about this... I saw it a while ago and didn't quite know where to use it.... then yesterday I came up with the idea to put it in my dining room. Luckily there is still time to make those decisions. 
I wanted to use some unique antique elements in the house, such as old antique doors, but really the old doors are quite difficult to use because they are uneven, warped, and odd shapes compared to modern times.  So I felt like this a perfect solution.
Oh, did I mention it was cheaper than every single other mantle we looked at? 

Antique Lighting
Found this cool lantern with awesome scroll work! Hoping to use this outside but it needs to be rewired (not a big deal) but the problem is the glass is broken.  
Hoping a glass guy can fix it and make it work. It not, I'll have to keep looking...
 Here's another shot of it below...

Liked this chandelier below... considering it for the dining room.... but still looking.

Fabrics
It is getting near the time to start looking around for fabrics for curtains and other things in the different rooms. 

Here are some that caught my eye...
Blues for the master....

Pinks for a guest room...


Choosing Baseboards
Looking at various base boards... we have tall ceilings so I am leaning towards a 7" tall baseboard as opposed to the 5". Which one do you like? Remember, we are building a *French* style house.





Door Hardware
For the doors, we're going with this old rubbed bronze torino lever by Emtek.

Floors for the laundry room, mudroom, gardening areas...
I liked this color palette of tile for the mudroom but the tiles themselves are a bit big. 
 Or I could do a smooth brick, really in anyway color way I like.
 I liked the top two limestones below for the laundry room and gardening area.  

Outdoor Fountain
Looking for a Frenchy fountain for outside. Found this one this past week.

Had previously been considering this one from RH. 

But obviously still looking around, decision does not need to be made just yet.
Obviously an antique one would be nice too but I don't understand about wiring and plumbing with the antique ones... but I'm sure someone does!
Lots of decisions! 

Hope you enjoyed my little update... finally it has stopped raining so we can get some work done.

Follow Peonies and Orange Blossoms on social media:
Follow me behind-the-scenes on my favorite social media, Instagram!
See my latest pins on my most popular social media account, Pinterest.
Follow all of my posts in my favorite blog reader feed Bloglovin.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful mantel and I love your choice of fabrics. And the chandelier should be a definite yes, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Having officially picked out the fabric, but gathering ideas and samples for mood boards!

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful pieces that would add such beauty to your home! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelina, your French Farmhouse is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it! The mantel is stunning, and I love your fabric choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angelina, I love the French style too!
    Have a nice week,
    Roberta
    La Sportina

    ReplyDelete