Sunday, January 31, 2016

Paris Haute Couture SS16 Fashion Week

As you may or may not know, last week was Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2016 Fashion week in Paris!  I *love* looking at the haute couture runways because everything is so pretty!!

I always like to pretend like I'm shopping for some glamorous event like the Oscars, and I like to choose which dress I would wear.

1- Giambattista Valli
Now, pay close attention to all of the details on all of these dresses - remember it's all hand sewn, beaded, embroidered, etc...

The dress above and the following dresses are designed by Giambattista Valli.  He was inspired by the gardens of Paris and you can see that in these outfits! 
2 Giambattista Valli
3 Giambattista Valli
Love this little mini cape below...
4- Giambattista Valli
5- Giambattista Valli
6- Giambattista Valli
7- Giambattista Valli
8- Giambattista Valli
9- Giambattista Valli
Armani Prive looks below...
10 - Armani Prive 
11- Armani Prive 

12- Armani Prive 
13- Armani Prive 
The next collection of looks is from Elie Saab. He was inspired by an Englishwoman visiting India at the turn of the last Century.
14- Elie Saab.
15- Elie Saab.
16- Elie Saab.
17- Elie Saab.
18- Elie Saab.
Valentino was inspired by Fortuny.
19- Valentino
20-Valentino
The next looks are from Chanel.
21
22
23
24
25
The next two coats are from Alberta Ferreti. Love the tiger one!!
26
27
The next collection is from Zuhair Murad. He was inspired by Elizabeth I. I recommend zooming in on the images below, he has really fine detail on all of his outfits they are so pretty!
28
29
30
31
32
33
This dress below would be my favorite... if the bust weren't see through!
34
35

36
37
38
39
40
41
What I love next about this collection by Schiaparelli is that the designer was inspired by food and table.... so the dresses have vegetables and china on them!
42
43
43
44
45
45
46
Ok, now it's time for you to choose...

What is your favorite dress you would wear to the Oscars?
I think I would choose #31 because I LOVE pink and the flowers on the dress are so pretty!  Leave a comment with your choice below!!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Although I've never been a fashion diva, I do create refashioned garments and it is really inspiring to see what is going on in the fashion world. Helps me decide on colors, cuts, and prints for some of my creations. Thanks for sharing and for participating in the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Looking forward to seeing what you post next week! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't say I'm a fashion diva either since I don't wear any of these creations, but I certainly love looking at them!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy your blog, especially the Paris shopping info. Keep up the good work!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I had fun putting together all of those Paris posts!

      Delete