I have had my FitBit Charge HR for a month now and am ready to write my review!
There are several different FitBits available. I purchased the Charge HR. What that means is that it tracks steps, sleep, miles, calories, and my heart rate. The heart rate monitor was essential for me... I can track calories burned during exercise more accurately.
|FitBit Charge HR review|
Here's a look at the home screen...
It tracks your exercise too... You can do biking, walking, running. Here I did my PiYo and walking. If you use it while on the treadmill, it will NOT count your steps *unless* you have your arm swinging down at your side. If you arm is not moving the FitBit assumes you aren't either.
Here is a sample of a work out I did on July 4th. I went bike riding this day. You can see how my work-out truly went. It measures your heart rate during your work out! It calculates your target HR based on height, weight, and age.
If you have friends or family with a fit bit, you can add them as a friend and challenge them! It's kind of fun (if you're winning!)
It can also do calorie tracking with food that you enter manually into the system. I haven't done that (yet).
I sync mine with my iPad and iPhone without any problems. I find the battery lasts about 4-5 days.
- It helps me exercise. I like getting 10,000 steps!
- It allows me to better calculate my burned calories while exercising.
- It lets me know how I am sleeping which helps me with my night shift planning
- did I mention it motivates you to exercise? I think that's really the biggest plus and is worth mentioning again.
- It lets me measure how far I walked!
- You can sync it up to other apps and map your runs
- the battery life is long and can be easily recharged
- it did cause a rash on me one day. To avoid this, I recommend taking it off right away after exercising and cleaning it regularly.
- if you do swimming for exercise, it doesn't count it
- it's not 100% accurate. My mom's fitbit and my fitbit will measure different steps for the same distance, which is expected that there will be some variation but it shouldn't be a large difference.
At first I thought the fitbit looked really ugly and I would never wear it... but now that I've been wearing it around I barely notice it on my arm! I got it in the black because I thought that would be the least annoying of all the colors. The color selection is below...
There is a wide range of FitBit products. The fitbit flex is the most popular and allows you to change arm bands with Tory Burch accessories! But for me, the heart rate monitor was necessary and was only available on the two fitbits on the bottom right of the picture below. FitBit also makes a scale that syncs with their program. Here is a comparison of all the different models! I considered other tracking devices but thought this one delivered the most bang for the buck!
linking up at: The Scoop! 2 Bees in a Pod, Metamorphosis Monday's Inspire Me Tuesday Wow us Wednesdays! Creative Ways Share Your Style Thursday Favorite ThingsYour Turn to Shine Feathered Nest Fridays Foodie Friday & Everything Else