|Blackberry Peach Galette|
Blackberry Peach Galette (get the printable recipe here.)
- 1 premade pie crust
- 5 peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- turbinado sugar for dusting
- sliced almonds for the crust
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If you used a pre-made store pie crust, take it out from the freezer and let it thaw. (It should still be cold). Remove from the pie pan and flatten into a circle on the parchment paper. Don’t worry about it looking perfectly pretty, galettes are not perfect!
- In a bowl, combine peaches and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Mix well to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the peaches.
- Pour in the honey and stir.
- Fold in the blackberries.
- Pour the fruit filling into the center of the crust, leaving a 2 inch border. Now, working around the galette, fold the edges of the dough over the fruit.
- Place the galette into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove galette from freezer.
- Brush the folded edge of dough with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the dough edge with slivered almonds and turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 30min to 1 hour. The crush should be golden brown and the fruit insides should be bubbling when done.
- Serve warm or cold, I suggest with ice cream.
I adopted the recipe from this website, tidy mom.
|the fruit juices leak onto the paper while cooking... that's okay and expected!|
Want to know what this tastes good with? Cinnamon ice cream!! I use an ice cream maker to make my own ice cream. You could just serve it up with store bought vanilla too!
|Easy Blackberry Peach galette with homemade cinnamon ice cream!|
Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe (printable recipe here)
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- *optional: 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (makes it a little thicker, optional ingredient)
- Add the cream and milk together and stir in the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. This should be hand-stirred, if you use a mixer you could end up with butter.
- Add the vanilla.
- Slowly pour in the cinnamon so you don’t end up with cinnamon chunks. If you are using the xanthan gum, slowly add it in as well so you don’t have chunks.
- Pour your mixture into your ice cream mixer and wait.
- When the ice cream mixer is done, either serve immediately or store in a freezer air-tight container. To help decrease ice crystals, put some saran wrap directly on the ice cream and then close the lid. This helps decrease the ice crystals that form!
|Blackberry Peach Galette|
You can also follow me by clicking on these: bloglovin, instagram, twitter, pinterest, and google plus.
linking up at: amaze me monday The Scoop! 2 Bees in a Pod, Metamorphosis Monday's Inspire Me Tuesday Moonlight and Mason Jars Wow us Wednesdays! Creative Ways Share Your Style Thursday Favorite ThingsYour Turn to Shine The Inspiration Gallery , My Romantic Home Home Sweet Home Feathered Nest Fridays Foodie Friday & Everything Else Sunday's Down Under Share it One More Time