|Spring Pasta Recipe with pears, asparagus, and avocado!|
Spring Pasta Recipe - printable recipe here
- Angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Sauce...
- 1 avocado
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- the zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the asparagus to the same pot and cook for 4 more minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until it is smooth.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Then add the peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until they are hot.
- In a bowl, mix together the pasta/asparagus, peas/shallots, and the sauce. Enjoy! Serve with some delicious homemade pain d'epi bread!