|Orange Blossom Macaron recipe|
No surprise that the blogger of a blog with the name of peonies and orange blossoms likes, well, orange blossom macarons!
- silicone spatula (I use this one)
- parchment paper or silat (I like this silpat made in France)
- electric mixer (your hand will get tired whipping the meringue, I use a Kitchenaid, I actually use this super professional one in cherry red, but the entry level model is a nice start too! )
- a food scale (yes, you need this. I use this one)
- Food coloring (the gels or dry powder works best, not the liquid store stuff)
- A macaron template (either make one or get one here or here. It makes piping easier)
- food processor (for the cream filling, I use this one)
|Laduree Orange Blossom Macaron recipe|
275g ground almonds
250g powdered sugar
210g egg whites
210g granulated sugar
1. Mix almond meal and the powdered sugar in a food processor. Be careful not to grind too long, otherwise it will form a paste.
2. Sift the almonds and powdered sugar. Set aside.
3. Weigh out granulated sugar.
4. Weigh the egg whites. Beat them slowly on a low speed until foamy. SLOWLY add the granulated sugar to the egg whites as you beat. Once all mixed, increase speed to medium and beat until a firm meringue forms. You want a firm meringue with glossy peaks but not stiff peaks. They should defy gravity and remain in the bowl if you turn it upside down. If you tilt your bowl to the side and they are sliding out, keep beating.
5. Add the food coloring gel and mix.
6. Then fold in 1/3rd of the almond/sugar mixture into the meringue with a silicone spatula. Once combined, add another third of the almond mixture. Add last bit. This batter requires more deflation during this step since it creates such a poofy meringue.
7. Add the batter to a piping bag. . Pipe in rows using your template onto parchment paper.
8. Pick up the pan and beat until the counter. The cookies need to rest on the counter between 30-60 minutes. They are ready to go in the oven when they are dry to touch (the shell shouldn’t stick to your finger)
9. Set the oven to 300F.
10. Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes one sheet at a time. They are done when they look kind of matte and seem firm when you lightly tap on them. You can always rescue a slightly overcooked one with the maturation process that comes later, but you cannot rescue an undercooked one!!
11. Remove from paper once completely cool. If they stick they stick to the paper, they aren’t cool yet. Or you undercooked them.
Laduree Orange Blossom Cream Filling
4 tbsp (60 mL) orange blossom water (you can get it: buy here)
4 1/2 tsp (15 g) corn starch
2/3 cup (160mL) heavy cream
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
3 1/2 ounces (100g) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
7 1/2 tbsp (110g) softened butter
1 drop green food coloring
- Whisk the 3 tbsp (45mL) of the orange blossom water into the cornstarch.
- Combine the cream and sugar in a saucepan and heat until simmering. Whisk the simmering liquid into the cornstarch mixture. Then return it to the saucepan, continuing to whisk over low heat for 30 seconds until thickened and smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Use a spatula and little by little stir in the chocolate into the hot cream.
- Now pour into a food processor until it cools slightly
- Add the butter gradually, the remaining orange blossom water, food coloring and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a dish, cover with plastic cling wrap and plate it directly onto the cream. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm enough to be piped.
- Spoon the orange blossom cream into a piping bag and pipe into the remains shells.
- Refrigerate the macarons in an air-tight container for at least 12 hours before serving. This allows the "macaronnage" to occur and makes the cookie super yummy. If you eat it immediately it's really good, if you wait 12 hours... perfection!
Get the printable recipe here
|Orange Blossom Macaron Recipe|
Check out my amazon store to get all of your supplies needed for baking Macarons and Madeleines!
Follow Angelina's board Macaron Madness! on Pinterest.
Linking up with these fabulous link parties: The Scoop!, Inspire Me Tuesday,Wow us Wednesdays!, Share Your Style,Creative Ways ,Feathered Nest Fridays, Home Sweet Home, Home Stories A to Z
Moonlight and Mason Jars, Work it Wednesday's, Your Turn to Shine,Thursday Favorite Things, Lou Lou Girls, Foodie Friday & Everything Else Pretty Pintastic Party
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com