I have a delicious recipe for you! Cookie Butter Chocolate Cupcakes! I'm assuming by now you've tried cookie butter. AKA Biscoff spread. AKA cookie in a tub. It's really yummy. If you haven't had had a Biscoff cookie, they taste like... brown sugar, caramel, with a hint of spice. The first time I had one was from American Airlines years ago. Anyway...
The chocolate cupcake recipe is not mine. It's from Niner Bakes.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 and line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In your mixer bowl, mix together eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat together.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and salt. Mix together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
- Carefully pour in boiling water then mix. *start mixing slowly at first so you don't get burned!*
- Pour the very thin batter into the cupcake pan, filling the liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting. (If you don't, your frosting will look like mine in the pictures!)
Biscoff Cookie Butter Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cookie butter spread (can use the crunchy or smooth spread)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk (skim or low fat is fine)
- Put all ingredients into a bowl. Mix together. **Note, if it's not the right consistency, you may add more powdered sugar.
- Frost once cupcakes are cool. If not, the frosting runs (like in my pictures! Hey, I was hungry!)
If you would like to substitute peanut butter instead of biscoff cookie butter in the frosting, you can. I did. It's really easy. Then you have peanut butter cupcakes.
Linking up with these fabulous link parties: The Scoop!, Inspire Me Tuesday,Wow us Wednesdays!, Creative Ways ,Feathered Nest Fridays, Share Your Style,Home Sweet Home
Written at http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com