Macarons... Part Deux.
A Martha Stewart macarons magazine and " 'lette macaron" shop review!My new issue of Martha Stewart arrived today, and to my delight macarons were featured on the cover! Macarons are one of my favorite things, I wrote a whole post about macarons which you can see here.
First, Martha Stewart Magazine March 2014 issue:
Below, she has suggestions for flavors and fillings. She has (clockwise, from top left) chocolate hazelnut filling, espresso, rose raspberry, vanilla bean, and mint chocolate.
For the recipe, I recommend this recipe she has on her website, as you don't have to make your own almond flour.
|the different flavors|
After seeing this beautiful cover, it reminded me that I meant to write a review of 'lette macarons.
'lette macarons... a review.
'lette macarons is a macaron shop located in Southern California. They have several locations, the original in Beverly Hills. They have another at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, one in Glendale, Larchmont Village, and Pasadena.
I visited the shop at Fashion Island. When you walk in your a greeted with a whole counter of macarons. The store is cool... macarons will melt if it's too hot!
|fuzzy cell phone picture!|
|left to right: earl grey, violet cassis, rose, pistachio, sweet wedding almond, raspberry|
- Salted caramel: Delicious. Definitely try this one!
- Lemon: Wish it tasted more lemony.
- Sicilian pistachio: Good, wish there were bigger pistachio chunks in the filling, but that's just my preference!
- Earl Grey Tea: It was interesting. It tasted like... Earl Grey. It would be a good breakfast cookie!
- Violet Cassis: the purple one, it was really really good. I had no idea what "violet cassis" would taste like, and I can't really describe it. It is worth trying!
- Rose: didn't really have much flavor. just tasted like a plain macaron to me.
- Raspberry: Of course, raspberry macarons are delicious. Never had a bad one!
- Sweet Wedding Almond: well, I love marzipan. And I love macarons. This was like a marzipan macaron. My favorite, but probably not for everyone. If you don't like marzipan, skip this one.
Other flavors I have not tried: Caribbean chocolate, coconut, coffee, vanilla, passion fruit.
|ok, so I ate two in the car.|
The salted caramel. It is DELICIOUS. My favorite one.
When you walk into the shop, they always have a macaron tower. You can purchase a tower for a party. I would... if I was going to host a party!
Or you could always get a huge pretty box!
Thanks for stopping by. If you're in LA, check out 'lette if you're too lazy to make your own!
I've linked up with The Scoop!, Tablescape Thursday, Wow us Wednesdays!, Open House Party, Feathered Nest Frida, Seasonal Sundays & Oh the places I have been, life of the party, the style sisters, Favorite Things Blog Hop, and What's it Wednesdays. Be sure to check out all of these fabulous blogging parties! A big thank you to all of the wonderful hosts!