Addictive Candy Cane Truffles
AKA Candy cane joe-joe truffles, peppermint joe joe truffles, candy cane oreo truffles, or peppermint oreo truffles.
How can one truffle have so many names?! I don't know.
Here's what I do know: they taste like candy cane and they are addictive.
I had my first Oreo truffle a few years ago from a friend. Then it occurred to me... what if... what if I took Candy Cane Joe-Joes and used that as a base for the Oreo truffle?
So what happened?
It's good. Really good. Addictive good.
So let me share the recipe with you.
Ingredients: (makes about 24 truffles) - PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE
- 1 box Candy Cane Joe-Joes (only found at Trader Joe's!)
- 1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- Either 1 pack of white, dark, or milk chocolate chips. (I used white and milk chocolate chips.)
- Crushed peppermint candies for decorating the top, if desired.
1. Add entire box of Candy Cane Joe-Joes to food processor and grind away until it is a fine powder.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place onto wax/parchment paper.
|1 inch balls.|
5. Melt your chocolate. I use the simple microwave method. Place your chocolate chips into the microwave. Microwave on half power in 15-20 second intervals. Stir in between intervals. Heat until melted. DO NOT OVERHEAT. Burnt chocolate is bad chocolate. If it burns, throw it away and try again.
6. THE SECRET STEP: To make your chocolate easier to dip in and to produce a nice surface color every time, add about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the melted chocolate. The vegetable oil will not affect the taste at all.
7. Take balls out of the freezer, several at a time, and dip in chocolate. Place on wax paper, add toppings if desired (like the crushed peppermint candies).
8. Let the chocolate harden, about 1 hour. Enjoy!
Candy Cane Joe-Joe's are my FAVORITE Christmas cookie. Trader Joe's always sell out of them so fast! Never had them before? Well don't wait another second, go to Trader Joe's RIGHT NOW and get some.
So you don't eat all of truffles prepare them for your next holiday party! They will go fast!
I've linked up with The Scoop! Visit Confessions of a Plate Addict blog,Tablescape Thursday at 'Between Naps on the Porch', Wow us Wednesdays! at Savvy Southern Style, Open House Party at no minimalist here,Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage, Seasonal Sundays & Oh the places I have been at The Tablescaper, and a stroll through life inspire me tuesday's.